Braised Wagyu Short Ribs
Here's a delicious recipe for cooking Wagyu short ribs:
Recipe: Braised Wagyu Short Ribs
- 4 to 6 pieces of Wagyu short ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Season the Wagyu short ribs generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and sear the short ribs until browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the ribs from the pot and set them aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, red wine (if using), tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Stir well to combine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the Wagyu short ribs to the pot, nestling them into the liquid. If desired, add fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavor.
- Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Braise the short ribs for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Once done, remove the pot from the oven and carefully transfer the short ribs to a serving platter.
- Skim any excess fat from the cooking liquid and strain it to remove any solids. If desired, simmer the cooking liquid on the stovetop to reduce and thicken it into a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the Wagyu short ribs, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve hot.
This braised Wagyu short ribs recipe creates incredibly tender and flavorful meat that falls off the bone. The slow cooking process allows the marbling to melt, resulting in a rich and succulent dish. Serve the short ribs with the delicious sauce and pair them with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or creamy polenta for a complete and satisfying meal. Enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of Wagyu short ribs with this comforting and flavorful recipe.