Wagyu Arm Roast Recipe
Here's a recipe for a delicious Wagyu Arm Roast:
- 3-4 lb (1.4-1.8 kg) Wagyu arm roast
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the Wagyu arm roast, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil and sear the roast on all sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and set it aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with beef broth and red wine (if using), scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Place the seared roast back into the skillet and pour the liquid over it.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Roast the Wagyu arm roast for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of 135-140°F (57-60°C).
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest, covered, for about 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice the roast against the grain into thin slices and serve it with the pan juices as a delicious au jus.
This succulent Wagyu arm roast pairs well with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh green salad. Enjoy the tender and flavorful meat that is sure to impress your family and guests!